I have one homeschooled and two still in school. While choosing a curriculum is a headache, and of course you need to get some school supplies at home, I would NOT miss the school supply lists I have to work through on my other two...
10 Things I Hate About Back to School Shopping
- Spending an hour+ searching for things on the list. It's like a scavenger hunt, only less fun.
- Cryptic descriptions of school supplies I've never heard of.
- Having to go to 3 stores to find that ONE required color folder that always seems to run out.
- Finding the exact brand the teacher asked for, specifically, and right next to it finding the identical product by another brand for half the price.
- Bags of school supplies cluttering up my house while we wait for school to start.
- Accidentally mixing up some of one child's school supplies with another's.
- Clothes shopping with a picky child.
- Getting your kids new clothes and shoes, just to have them walk through the mud in their new shoes the day before school.
- Not being able to find the things you actually can re-use from last years (like scissors and earbuds), buying another, then finding the one's from last year 2 days after school starts.
- Realizing after the first day of school that you still missed some things.
So, if you are homeschooling, you can feel blessed to skip all that hullabalu! And if you still have kids in public school, I feel for you!
NOTE: This is not a criticism of the need for school supplies. I totally get that this is a reasonable thing to ask in exchange for educating my children. But it's still a pain in the butt