Friday, March 5, 2021

Caterpillar Cupcake Cake

This caterpillar cupcake cake is one of the easiest cakes to make, ever...but totally cute and charming.   Really,  I hardly need to explain it.   You just frost cupcakes in light green, then draw legs and antenna on the plate below them, and draw eyes and a smiling mouth with writing icing.  Even if you totally botch the eyes (as I did...I guess that writing icing was sort of drippy), it can come out cute.   And if it doesn't, its easy to swop in another cupcake for the face and try again.  
It's a "no talent required" cake and I like that.   

While this doesn't feed many, you can do a few of these cakes if you have a larger crowd, or make other bug cupcakes, like the ladybug, or these candy bug cupcakes we did for another party, to fill in.

The ladybug was a touch harder.   I think I let my son do the dots...not sure.   But even done very imperfectly was cute and pretty easy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment