Thursday, December 29, 2016

Story of the World - Volume 1 - Index of Changes to Revised Version

Below are the changes I'm aware of in the Revised version of Story of the World.
  • Illustrations changed and (for the most part) improved
  • Fixed Typos
  • Changes in typesetting and font to make the book more attractive and easier to read
  • Some longer paragraphs split into shorter paragraphs
  • Some other non-substantive changes in wording
  • Some dates were added to the text that were previously only in footnotes
  • A few substantive changes and additions (changes which affect the content)
  • Several added appendixes:  A Chronology, a Name Pronunciation Guide, and a Note to Parents regarding the Abraham Story.
I've added a list below some more specific changes in a few of some chapters, especially ones where I noticed more important changes.  Minor changes such as splitting up paragraphs are not something I usually note in these guides, nor do I typically note picture changes.  I haven't yet done this for every chapter, and even in the chapters I covered I may have missed changes.  Click the links below to see the revisions for those chapters.
 
Chapters 1 - 5

Chapter 12

Chapter 15-16


New changes for later chapters may be added here as I complete and share the lessons for those chapters and notice differences.  You can find our Story of the World Lessons here.










No comments:

Post a Comment