Thursday, December 29, 2016

Story of the World - Volume 1 - Index of Changes to Revised Version

Here are the changes I'm aware of in the Revised version of Story of the World.
  • Illustrations changed and (for the most part) improved
  • Fixed Typos
  • Changes in typesetting and font to make the book more attractive and easier to read
  • Some longer paragraphs split into shorter paragraphs
  • Some other non-substantive changes in wording 
  • A few substantive changes and additions (changes which affect the content)
  • Several added appendixes:  A Chronology, a Name Pronunciation Guide, and a Note to Parents regarding the Abraham Story.
I wanted to list the more important textual changes I noticed in order by chapter, but I soon realized that it would be a lot for just one post, so the posts listing these changes are noted below.  Minor changes such as splitting up paragraphs are not noted, nor are picture changes.  There may be other changes I didn't notice as well.  I haven't finished adding these changes, but will add new ones I find with each chapter I post lessons for. 

(Sorry...I had high hopes for doing this for all chapters, but as it turns out, this took too long and I think it may only be chapter 1-5.)

Chapters 1 - 5

Chapters 6 - 10

Chapters 11 - 15

etc...

New changes for later chapters will be added here when I complete and share the lessons for those chapters.  You can find our Story of the World Lessons here.










No comments:

Post a Comment