Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Change of Paths...and What's Ahead for Imaginative Homeschool



I have a big announcement to make.    After four years of homeschooling my youngest (my only homeschooler), we made the the difficult decision to try public school again. We have LOVED homeschooling, but for various reasons this was the right decision for us . 

I didn't announce it right away because we weren't sure how it was going to go, and I had so much emotional  baggage to sort through.  I wasn't even sure if he would stay or be back homeschooling in a few months, but he's happy and doing well so it looks like we're sticking with this. 

This is NOT the end of homeschool content on this blog!    To start with, I have the rest of our Story of the World chapters to blog about (I've only blogged to chapter 13 but we are FINISHED with Volume 1 and half way through Volume 2.)   That's about 50 posts right there alone.  And I have notes on A BUNCH of other things we did while homeschooling that I plan to finally get around to blogging about.   I have resources for All About Spelling and Math U See I never posted, lots of arts and crafts I'll be sharing, and more tricks and tips on a variety of subjects.   I will keep the name "Imaginative Homeschool" for now, as it still describes a lot of what I'll be blogging about.   You'll notice though that I've adding "+ afterschooling and summer-school" to the blog header because that describes the part of our journey we're on now, which I plan to blog about too!

Our summer-schooling will be a lot like our homeschooling was during the year (only maybe just 3 days a week).   My kiddo needs it to prevent summer slide, plus there's so much interest based stuff that we wanted to do and haven't done yet.  

I also think its important to blog about our experience going back to "traditional school" after homeschooling, because in some ways that's as difficult a leap as starting homeschooling can be, and a very different experience from sending kids to school who have never homeschooled.  And while there's lots of guidance out there for new homeschoolers, there's a lot less for homeschoolers returning to traditional school, and I want to help others going through the same thing...or at least share my experience so they can feel like they're not alone. 

Wherever you are on your journey, I hope you'll stick with us for the rest of ours.

With Love,
Gale








No comments:

Post a Comment